Finding a concealed carry backpack can be tricky, finding the BEST concealed carry backpack can be nearly impossible. You want one that is comfortable, accessible, and doesn’t stand out and scream “I’m carrying a gun!”.
What To Look For
Here are the 5 things I look for when searching for a backpack:
- Easy access to the firearm
- Velcro attachments for the holster
- Discreet looking (Gray Man)
- Build Quality
It is using these measurements that I chose these backpacks. Each one meets or exceeds my requirements I listed. As far as price, these cover a wide range. Hopefully, one will meet your needs.
Now some may argue that you should always carry on body and not off body, which is true, but you can still remain versatile by owning one of these backpacks and having options depending on the situation.
If you are a woman, and prefer to carry in a purse, be sure to check out our article Best Concealed Carry Purses!
The Best Concealed Carry Backpacks
- Vertex EDC Gamut 2.0 Bag
- 5.11 Tactical Covrt 18 Backpack
- Cannae Pro Gear Legion Day Pack
- Vertx Commuter Sling 2.0
- Maxpedition Gear Entity 21
Below we cover a wide range of options for concealed carry backpacks for different budgets. Vertx offers some of the best bags and clothing for people who carry. However, any bag on the list will be more than adequate for most people.
1. Vertx EDC Gamut 2.0 Bag
Some backpacks are made so that you can carry your firearm inside, while others are made specifically for that purpose. This backpack was MADE for concealed carry. Discreet looking, comfortable, and most notably…very accessible.
- Size 20.5”H x 11.5″W x 7.5”D
- Maximum capacity 25 liters
- Sized to fit a 15″ laptop in addition to a full sized hand-gun
- Weapon-compatible concealed carry platform with loop lining and a Rapid Access Pull tab
2. 5.11 Tactical COVRT 18 Backpack
The Covert 18 is a larger, versatile backpack that is able to interact with other 5.11 products. This pack is very durable and made to blend in to almost any environment.
I have owned this bag for a couple of years now, and I use it often. It really blends in with other common bags and doesn’t scream “concealed carry”.
- Size 19” H x 12.25” L x 6.5” D main compartment
- 1841 cubic inch / 30 liter total capacity
- Durable, water-resistant 500D nylon
- R.A.C.™ conceals a full-sized firearm
3. Cannae Pro Gear Legion Day Pack
The Legion Day Pack from Cannae is one of the most comfortable options on the list. While it may look a little more tactical, it still fits in at the office…I would know, I bring mine every day. One of my favorite features is the amazingly durable rubberized top handle.
I have owned this bag for a couple of years now as well, and while I usually have it as my “truck bag” for trips, I also use it for camping, and other overnight trips.
- Size 19.5” H x 11.5” W x 6” D inches
- 21 Liters capacity
- 500D Cordura® Nylon
- “No-Chafe” Waist Belt w/ Easy Tuck-Away Pockets
4. Vertx Commuter Sling 2.0
There is a reason we have two Vertx bags on the list. Vertx designs all their bags (and clothes) with concealed carry in mind. They are top of the line quality concealed carry equipment.
This EDC Commuter bag is designed to be compact and offer quick access. As the lone sling on the list, this option is perfect for someone looking to carry on one shoulder and carry just the necessities. With many different color options…this is a perfect gray man bag!
- Overall measurements 19.5”H x 11.75”W x 7”D
- Capacity:17 liters
- Padded laptop sleeve, fits most 15” laptops
- Rifle-compatible concealed carry platform with loop lining, a sling attachment point and a Rapid Access Pull tab
- Concealed carry platform accepts ballistic panels
- CCW compartment has retention G-hooks to prevent unintended opening
5. Maxpedition Gear Entity 21
After seeing this bag, it is next on my ‘to buy’ list. I love Maxpedition’s quality, and the features that come with this bag make it well worth its price tag. They focused on the concealed in concealed carry and made this bag to blend in…they went Gray Man literally.
- Overall measurements 17 (L) x 11.5 (w) x 9 (H) inches
- 21 Liters
- Dual side access CCW compartment
- 500D Kodra Fabric with Polyurethane Coating
We visited with Maxpedition President Tim Tang at SHOT Show 2019. In our video with him below he shares the newest additions to the Entity line!
Finding The Backpack That Is Right For You
As I said before, some people frown on off body carry. But the fact is, off body carry can really come in handy. Some people can’t or don’t want to carry at work. While others want a place to keep a backup gun. In any of these situations a backpack designed for concealed carry is the perfect tool.
The important thing to remember is to find the right tool for the job. Make sure you have room in whatever backpack you choose to keep your size of firearm, as well as any extra magazines you may need.
While most are shown in blacks and grays, some are available in other colors. Just head over to Amazon and in a couple of days you can be carrying off body in comfort and style.
If you are looking for an EDC backpack, something to carry your handgun in discreetly, or both…any of these backpacks can do the job.
If you are looking for a Range Bag to take to the gun range, make sure to check out our article on The 10 Best Range Bags!
For other concealed carry recommendations, be sure to check out our recommended gear page. There you will find everything from holsters, to gun safes, to many other concealed carry items.
We also know that a good belt and holster can make a HUGE difference in concealed carry! Be sure to check out our articles covering everything you need to know about concealed carry belts and choosing a good holster. They will make carrying a firearm MUCH more comfortable!
If this article helped you, be sure to share it!